Professional athletes and other individuals looking to improve their fitness performance will enjoy the following 12 positive effects of cryotherapy in Toronto:
- Accelerated muscle recovery after workouts, training, and competitions: Whole body cryotherapy has been shown to reduce muscle damage and inflammation, which can speed up the recovery process after intense workouts or competitions. This means athletes can get back to training sooner and perform at a higher level.
- Reduced inflammation and swelling of muscles and joints: Cryotherapy can help reduce swelling and inflammation in the body, which is beneficial for athletes who experience joint pain, stiffness, and swelling after workouts or competitions.
- Increased pain tolerance and reduced perception of fatigue during exercise: Cryotherapy has been shown to reduce pain and discomfort during and after exercise, which can help athletes push through fatigue and perform at a higher level for longer periods of time.
- Improved joint mobility and flexibility, leading to increased range of motion: Cryotherapy can help reduce joint pain and stiffness, which can improve joint mobility and flexibility. This can lead to increased range of motion, which is important for athletes in sports that require a lot of movement, such as basketball or soccer.
- Enhanced muscle strength and power output, leading to improved performance: Cryotherapy has been shown to increase muscle strength and power output, which can lead to improved athletic performance. This is because cryotherapy stimulates the production of hormones like testosterone and growth hormone, which are important for muscle growth and repair.
- Increased metabolism, calorie and fat burn, promoting weight loss and body composition changes: Cryotherapy can boost energy levels and the release of endorphins, which, in turn, speed up the metabolism. This can lead to increased calorie burn, faster fat burning and weight loss. This can be beneficial for athletes who need to maintain a certain body weight or body composition.
- Reduced muscle soreness, allowing for faster and more efficient training sessions: The effects of cryotherapy include reduced muscle soreness and fatigue, allowing athletes to train more efficiently and effectively. Regular cryo treatments improve muscular dis-balance. This can lead to faster progress and improved performance.
- Alleviated susceptibility to trauma: Cryo treatment sessions help promote alleviated muscle tension and build physical endurance, which decrease the risk of trauma or re-injury.
- Improved cardiovascular endurance, allowing athletes to sustain high-intensity workouts for longer periods of time: Cryotherapy can increase blood flow and oxygen delivery to the muscles, which can improve cardiovascular endurance. This means athletes can perform at a high level for longer periods of time without getting fatigued.
- Improved sleep quality and duration, promoting recovery and reducing the risk of injury: The effects of cryotherapy have been shown to improve sleep quality and duration, which is important for recovery and injury prevention. Athletes who get enough sleep are less likely to get injured and more likely to perform at a high level.
- Enhanced mental focus and alertness, allowing for better concentration during training and competitions: Cryotherapy has been shown to enhance mental focus and alertness, which is important for athletes who need to concentrate during training and competitions. This can lead to improved performance and better results.
- Reduced recuperation period from competition-related stress: Regular cryo treatments greatly reduce the stress of competitive sports and training, enabling a quicker return to the playing field.
Whole Body Cryotherapy lessens the recovery time after a vigorous work-out by delivering oxygen and nutrients to the muscles. Increased strength and endurance, resulting in improved athletic performance. Beneficial effects of cryotherapy extend to the improvement of joint functionality, motor capacity, and mobility. The treatment method was originally used for joint pain relief for arthritis and other rheumatoid diseases patients.
Book your free consultation today to find out how the beneficial effects of cryotherapy might help you get the fitness or professional athletic results you are trying to achieve.
Check out the following articles about professional athletes using cryosauna treatments:
Athletes use Cryotherapy to speed up muscle recovery
Pro Muay Thai athlete Sean Fagan discusses the effects of cryotherapy
Jiu Jitsu master Rener Gracie using cryotherapy
Ready to enhance your performance? Book your pro package today!