People with arthritis can be easily frustrated with trying to treat the daily signs and symptoms of their condition. Some embrace natural pain relief options and some shun them entirely. But, with new and emerging technology, such as the use of cryo saunas to deter pain sensing nerves, reduce inflammation and trigger the immune system, there is a lot more to the relationship between natural pain relief and arthritis than meets the eye, and these ten shocking facts will prove it.
1. Supplements Are Unregulated (And Can Turn your Skin Blue?): A popular pick for natural pain relief is supplement options made from herbs and oils. Not only are they unregulated and some can be potentially dangerous, their side effects can be disastrous. Thinking of using colloidal silver for hip pain relief? Well, best to be aware that it can lead to kidney failure and turn your skin blue – permanently. Read about the effects of natural supplements on rheumatoid arthritis here.
2. Acupuncture Has Side Effects: Panicked about the potential for cryotherapy side effects yet quick to head to an acupuncture clinic? Well, you may want to rethink that. Acupuncture is generally accepted as safe and is even covered by some insurance plans. However, it can lead to discomfort, bruising, muscle twitching and even lightheadedness.
3. The Cause of Arthritis Isn’t Fully Understood: Aside from RA which has a known autoimmune cause, the medical community hasn’t quite established what causes arthritis. Perhaps this is what makes finding treatment so challenging and causes many to turn to other options for natural pain relief.
4. Treatment Options Can Delay the Need for Surgery: For many people, as arthritis progress, so does the eventual inevitably that surgery may be in their future. However, if well controlled, the need for surgery can be delayed or even avoided, furthering the benefit pain management techniques.
5. Cryotherapy Was Developed for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Oftentimes, alternative treatment options are developed for one thing yet used for another. Whole Body Cryotherapy is an exception as it was actually developed for use in people with rheumatoid arthritis. It’s ability to relieve muscle and joint pain is well documented and many people successfully achieve natural pain relief with proper and repeated use. Read our FAQs to learn more about cryosauna.
6. Cryotherapy Has No Side Effects: Unlike many other alternative remedies (which oddly enough are often turned to in order to avoid side effects) cryotherapy actually does not have any side effects. When used safely and in individuals without existing known contraindications, no adverse effects are expected, making the use of cryo saunas one of the only types of arthritis treatment that is devoid of risk when used in healthy individuals.
7. There are Over 100 Types of Arthritis: Because there are so many different types of the condition, it’s easy to see how considering natural pain relief options can be so beneficial. Because of the way in which cryotherapy works, it doesn’t matter whether your arthritis is a result of RA or a hereditary form, the end result will still be natural pain relief.
8. Heavy Hitting Fact about Weight and Arthritis Treatment: Being overweight is one of the risk factors for developing some types of arthritis. Shockingly enough, cryo saunas may contribute to weight loss thanks to their potential to boost metabolism. While this particular facet of the benefits of Whole Body Cryotherapy is still unproven, it’s an interesting potential benefit to consider given the prevalence of arthritis in overweight individuals.
9. There is No Cure for Arthritis: Despite advances in medical technology, there is still no cure for any type of arthritis. Medications have come a long way in managing symptoms, however given their potential for problems, are a band-aid solution at best. This has left the medical community focusing more on how to treat arthritis and control it, which is currently the best solution that we have. Alternative remedies provide natural pain relief in lieu of some of these options.
10. Except Maybe Bee Sting Venom?: Still not convinced that natural pain relief from arthritis symptoms is possible? Well, consider this. A 2012 study found that venom from bee stings was able to significantly reduce the signs and symptoms of RA in some people. What does this tell us about natural remedies for rheumatoid arthritis? Well, it tells us that nature does provide some options for pain relief, even in unlikely sources.