Praised as an effective pain management treatment method for world-class athletes, cryotherapy sauna treatments hold numerous benefits that elevate the body’s performance and contribute to one’s overall well-being. Read below for our top 10 benefits of Whole Body Cryotherapy for sports and fitness, to help you decide whether this virtually risk-free performance-enhancing technique offered by Cryotherapy Health and Wellness Inc. in Toronto might be beneficial for you:
1. Increased blood circulation: Whole Body Cryotherapy in Toronto enriches the blood with elevated levels of oxygen and helps deliver vital nutrients all around the body. Insufficient oxygen levels in blood have been linked to increased proneness to illness and lowered immune system. In addition to consuming natural organic foods rich in calcium, iron and copper, cryosauna treatments will oxygenate your tissues, and help your blood to circulate at top speeds.
2. Boosted immune system: As your blood circulation, oxygenation and nutrient levels improve, an intensive stimulation of the immune system will quickly follow, resulting in a preemptive corrective response. This, in turn, will promote the normalization of hormonal balance, making this one of the most important benefits of cryotherapy for sports and general wellness.
3. Increased energy and strength: As the body goes into an alert mode boosting the immune system, one of the most commonly reported almost immediate benefits of cryotherapy for sports and fitness treatments experienced by many patients is an increase in energy level and consequent strength.
4. Decreased fatigue: As you gain more energy and strength from your regular Whole Body Cryotherapy for sports and fitness treatment sessions, your will become less tired
5. Effective sports rehabilitation add-on treatment: While physiotherapy is typically a standard go-to rehabilitation treatment method for athletes’ sports injuries, more and more professional athletes turn to cryotherapy cold sauna or chamber for enhanced pain relief. With countless number of virtually risk-free benefits within the sporting field, cryotherapy for sports, both elite and amateur kinds, has become a prime candidate for athlete alternative rehabilitation programs. Cryotherapy for athletes is now the most popular add-on and post-performance treatment, and is frequently recommended in addition to physiotherapy sessions. In fact, entire teams of athletes use it. Luke Walton, Los Angeles Lakers forward, stated that “It definitely works” (read the article below). All-Star pitcher C.J. Wilson of Texas Rangers confirmed that “It’s really legit” (source here).
ESPN – LA Lakers try out Cryotherapy
6. Effective pain management method: While your skin cools off to about 10-12 degrees Celsius, your core body temperature remains mostly the same during the cryogenic chamber treatment, and only slightly dropped afterwards if at all. This short-term cold therapy stimulates the release of endorphins, which in turn trigger analgesia (immediate pain relief). Cryotherapy for pain management became a popular clinically-proven technique in 1970’s for rheumatoid diseases-related pain relief. And it has since been successfully used as a supplementary treatment method for many other health problems, including sports injuries and general muscle and joint pain and inflammations.
7. Faster sports injury recovery: Whole Body Cryotherapy in sports medicine has been getting a lot of attention from professional athletes due to its anti-inflammatory and pain relief benefits. Cryotherapy sports injuries treatments available at the Cryotherapy Health & Wellness inc. in Toronto reduce the injury recovery time by 1 to 2 days on average.
Athletes use Cryotherapy to speed up recovery time
8. Improved concentration: You may be surprised to learn that your fitness performance maybe be correlated with your cognitive mental abilities, including concentration and memory. Better concentration keeps you focused on your sports and fitness goals, and makes you overall more productive. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor, known as BDNF, related to the functioning of cognitive abilities, is responsible for protecting neuro-motors in the neuromuscular system from degradation. Degradation of neuro-motors, the most crucial element or the “ignition” in the “engine” of your muscle, partially explains age-related muscle atrophy. As your brain gets oxygenated via increased blood circulation following your Whole Body Cryotherapy for sports and fitness treatment sessions, your BDNF improves, which, in turn, positively affects your concentration and enhances physical performance.
9. Improved sleep patterns and insomnia: Poor sleep compromises the production of melatonin, suppresses your immune system, and leads to insulin resistance. Insomnia or inconsistent sleep patterns may directly contribute to the development of a number of serious health issues, from digestive, weight-related and mental health problems to infections and even cancer and diabetes. Prostate cancer in men and breast cancer in women have been studied and linked to poor sleep patterns. Find out how cryo treatments benefit mental health here.
10. General wellness: With your immune system boosted, blood circulation, concentration and night sleep improved, your natural treatment via Whole Body Cryotherapy results in reduced recurrence of colds, flu, and seasonal allergic reactions. These, in turn, will help enhance your sports and fitness performance. Many of Cryotherapy Health and Wellness Inc. patients also report noticeable improvements in psychological stress, muscle and joint pain, and even skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
Read more about the positive effects of cryotherapy for sports:
IoL Sport’ – Cryotherapy for Sprinter Usain Bolt – “Recover right away
Olympic runner, Galen Rupp – Whole Body Cryotherapy
Cryosauna in the Media